Facebook Like

Festive Shortbread Cookies

I'm so excited about Christmas baking that I kind'a started a bit early this year. I know it's November but I thought I'd start sharing some recipes to inspire you to bake for Christmas.

One of the things I always bake at Christmas time are shortbread cookies.  These festive shortbread cookies are so easy and fun to make.  But best of all they taste delicious as the cookies melt-in-your mouth.

I love to drizzle melted chocolate and add sprinkles onto them.  There are so many different shaped cookie cutters you can use.  As usual, I love to make mini treats so I used a small star cutter.  This recipe makes lots of little cookies.  Or you can make quite a few large cookies instead.


Happy Baking xo

Festive Shortbread Cookies

Ingredients

· 250 grams butter, cubed
· 1¾ cups plain flour
· ⅔ cups rice flour
· ⅔ caster sugar
· Pinch of salt

Decorations

· Sprinkles
· Dark or white chocolate

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 170°C.

2. Line two baking trays with baking paper.

3. Combine flours, sugar and salt into a large bowl. Using your fingertips, rub butter into the flour mixture until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.

4. Place mixture onto a lightly floured bench and knead until dough is smooth. Roll out dough to 5mm thickness and use cookie cutters to cut out the shapes.

5. Bake in oven for 10- 12 minutes or until cookies change colour. Leave on baking tray for 5 minutes before lifting onto a cooling rack.

6. Decorate as desired.

Tips

· You can use a food processor to pulse all the ingredients to resemble breadcrumbs

· Rolling the dough between two sheet of baking paper makes it easier to lift the cookies off onto the baking tray.






Did you bake this recipe?

Remember to tag @youcanbakeittoo on Instagram & hashtag #youcanbakeittoo 
so I can see your wonderful bakes.

 Follow Me on Instagram  Follow Me on Pinterest

    Disqus Comments