I am so in love with Cupcake Jemma's homemade lemon curd recipe. It was so easy to make but I can't believe how super delicious and tasty it was. I couldn't stop licking the spoon after placing the curd into the jars to cool down. I could eat the lemon curd straight from the jar - it's that good.
This recipe is definitely one of my new favourite recipes and I will be making it again. If you love lemon curd you must give this recipe a go.
All photographs posted here are mine, from my cooking.
Happy Baking or should I say Happy Cooking xo
Lemon Curd
Author: Cupcake Jemma https://www.youtube.com/watchv=5wqtrF3ampo
Ingredients
· 5 egg yolks & 2 whole eggs· Zest of one lemon
· 110 ml lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
· 110 grams caster sugar
· 60 grams cold butter
Instructions
1. Place in a bowl the lemon juice, lemon zest, egg yolks, whole eggs and castor sugar. 2. In a saucepan add some water and place the bowl over the simmering water. Making sure the bowl does not touch the water. Using a whisk continuously stir the mixture over the gentle simmering water for about 5 minutes or until the mixture appears thick.
3. Remove from the stove and stir in the cold butter. While the lemon curd is still warm push the mixture through a sieve to make the curd smooth.
4. Place in jar, allow it to cool and refrigerate.
